Tuesday, November 20, 2012

In Chicago It's All Fun & Games


The night was full of Shakespearean monologues, 99 problems rap battles, Beyoncé and Justin Bieber commercials all combined by blue and red teams of men and women in a show of pure humor, oh and did I mention it was all impromptu? Yes, it’s true! Everything about ComedySportz that night was unplanned and hilarious. The set was compiled of about 5 members in both teams. The teams were competing on being the most amusing for audience.  They were measured by the applauses and shouts from the crowd which was then complied into a number. It was like watching an actual sport game except with no real athleticism but only full of wittiness, silly antics, and good jams. I loved how the show was very interactive with the crowd. Throughout the show they would call on people for ideas and input. I remember when I raised my hand to get Beyoncé picked for one of the games and later watching the Beyoncé commercial come alive. I nearly jumped…well I actually did jump right out of my seat! It felt great to not only watch but actually be a part in the show. I love how every second I would turn and face Lauren and we would either burst out laughing or stand up dancing to whatever song that was being played during the short breaks. The best part was watching the facial expressions of the actors and actresses when they would mess up. ComedySportz was a blast! I am happy to have been able to experience the Chicagoan nightlife and I hope you can experience it sometime of your own. For more information CHECK OUT!!
Blogged by : Lehna Asongwe

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I think it's so cool that people actually do improv as a profession. I love that they measured the score by the audience's reaction. It seems really interactive and crazy. I've never heard of such a creative form of entertainment. I hope some day I can see a Comedy Sportz show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was really cool how it seemed so active, but it wasn't a real sport. Definitely my kind of game :) I kind of wish that I had a job like this. I've recommended it to my family and plan to visit in the future.

    ReplyDelete