Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Sounds of a Musician’s Life

Getting paid to play music would be the greatest thing on Earth to me. In my most humble opinion, I choose to believe that this world would be hopeless without music, and that it will always be getting better. I can’t help it, I’m too much of a music nympho for my own good, but you know what? I love it because it’s freaking awesome. When I’m recording or playing in front of people, it’s like being in a whole different dimension. I don’t know what it is, but it’s fun. I just hope I can keep this up for the rest of my life.
            For as long as I can remember, I’ve been this maniac for music my entire life. When I realized that I may actually have a chance to DO something with my own music, I just blocked out everything else and focused on it. And that’s not me being cocky- I don’t think I’m the best musician- I just believe that my style and the abstract vibe of it has a chance to stand out, and there are many paths I can take to be what I call “successful”.
            To me, success is being able to pay my bills with my music. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in it for the money; I’m in it because it’s a blast and I want to have fun for the rest of my life. But let’s face it, this world revolves around money, and you need it to live. So all I want as far as money goes is to be able to live comfortably by financial means. That’s a goal of mine, and in my eyes, I don’t have to be a full time musician to do that (although that’d be amazing!). What I mean by full time is touring, performing, recording, day in and day out. That’s all I want to do really. But first things first; I want to get a bachelor’s in Physics, maybe even a double major of physics and music production. But that’s in a few years.
            I’m too much of a dreamer and I get super anxious after a while when things don’t change after all my hard work. I’m constantly trying to balance out school and music all day every day. I perform when I can and work my butt off to get people to go out and sometimes it doesn’t always work out as I hope, but at the end, performing is still so much fun. If I could put the experience in words, I would. It’s ethereal. But I’m going to be honest; recording an album and new songs is a billion times the fun. At least right now, I haven’t performed enough to say that I know what I’m doing as far as concerts go. Getting gigs and selling out shows is still a struggle.
            Recording a new song and hearing it as a whole for the first time after the countless hours of layering drums and finding the right key to play that one chord and chopping samples just right- it’s awesome, let me tell you that much.
            All this is basically a fragment of what’s going on in my head, daily. It’d be awesome if you supported my hopeful endeavor of being a successful musician. There’s the link; press play and enjoy. www.moestafa.bandcamp.com

Where I hope to go one day... Except without the hair and shorts. 

3 comments: