Monday, May 16, 2011

Promenade!...a.k.a, Prom!

The anticipation of preparing for prom and being asked, wears on girls' minds, well, at least my mind, ALL THE TIME!  Yes, I'll admit, it's kind of pathetic, but honestly, as soon as senior year started, it’s been all I could think about: finding the perfect dress, the right heels, accessories, hairdo, make-up, awesome ride (who wants to get driven by their parents? Not I) and so on and so forth, but what about a date? When does he come around? From a single persons stand point, going with girlfriends is always a blast, but having a date would make this particular occasion even more special. Ha, Guys think they have it rough when in actuality, it is definitely the girls! We are the ones who have to WAIT for the guys to come and ask. I mean come on, how much time do guys need to prep?! Just do it already! Now, I'm not sour, all I'm saying is that if guys want to ask a girl to prom, don't over think it, just do it. Find a way to personalize what you are going to do. We're girls, we are able to tell who put in effort! In the end, we'll most likely say yes...unless you spell out P-R-O-M in meat patties…yeesh.

Wow, hope this blog doesn't make me sound desperate for a date, because I'm absolutely not. I'm 110% sure that if I don't get asked , prom will still be amazing!! Well, that's only if it's not cancelled because a hand full of super cool seniors decided to start an oh-so harmless food fight that just so happened to end up on national televsion. But any-who, I am excited none-the less.

  
Don't let this be you!
 What TO do!

I remember back when I was a sophmore, I saw this one girl get asked to prom, and I got to hand it to the guy, he did a good job! The guys dressed up in a Tarzan costume, because the girl he was asking played Jane in a Disney themed show, and waltzed  into her chorus class with a beautiful bouquet of flowers while the entire choir sang (we were informed ahead of time) one of the songs from the disney movie inserting the words "Will you go to Prom with me"?  Extremely cute, and of course, the girl said yes! But hold the phone, girls can ask guys to Prom too, I suppose--It's not exactly my favorite idea, but it is an option. For girls tips, click me!-this ones for the LADIES! For guys,  Click Here! This ones for the FELLAS!

<----- What NOT to do!



 So anyways, just to let you curious readers know, I indeed have my prom dress, which is the FIRST and foremost IMPORTANT thing to get--everything else is down hill after the dress, seriously! I got it actually a year in advance, NOT becasue I tried to beat all the other 100+ girls in search of finding a dress--worried that I'd have a twin at prom, but because I did a pageant over the summer and didn't want my parents paying hard earned cash for another formal dress. Which brings up another topic, be SMART when preparing for prom! Know that you don't have to pay trillions of dollars for this occasion! Alright, enough ranting, here's something for YOU my star shine! Here is a website informing you of all the do's and don'ts when it comes to prom, girls addition--Click Me!



Do!

Don't

                                          



SENIORS, prom is just around the corner!! *Breath, Biana, Breath* Be excited!...so I wont feel as much of a dork as I do now! I sure hope it's as cracked up to be as Hollywood makes it! Hope the tips helped!


 *If you want to chat with me more,


published by: Briana Beale

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I spelled my name wrong. Fail of the day...well, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that might be the cutest way I've ever heard someone ask a girl to prom!! That takes a lot of creativity, effort, and planning. And I agree that guys always think they have it so much worse than girls do, but girls have to wait around to see if someone's going to ask them! I can definitely relate to that feeling...hahahaha. Well I wish you good luck on all your prom prep (including getting a date!) and I hope you see at prom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are pretty funny. The one towards the bottom looks a girl being consumed by a technicolor sponge. I like how you tied in the food fight, too!

    --Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right with you! I don't even know if I'm going to prom for sure, and I'm totally obsessing. It's so hard NOT to spend money, though. I finally had to kick myself in the butt and stop looking at all the $400+ dollar dresses because it was making all the reasonably priced ones look inferior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job finding relevant links!

    Biggest advice I can give you all: it's just a dance :)

    Prom is fun, but it will not be the only time in your life to buy a dress or suit for an event (coming from someone getting married in August). Have fun, ladies and gents! (And save your money for books and college -- thrift stores sometimes have great prom dresses / suits!)

    ReplyDelete