Monday, May 16, 2011

"Undo what heredity's done to you"

I know that based on my title you may think I'm going to express my deepest feelings and rant about the unfairness of genetics in my blog. Nope. I'm going to talk about hair dye. Yeah, you heard me. Hair dye.What can I say? I love dying my hair. Not pink, blue, or green; but normal colors. There's something thrilling about having the power to change even something heredity has given to you. Not that I dislike my natural hair color (although i'm not sure what it is at this point...). Instead, I simply become bored of the current shade of my hair. In fact, I had in mind something similar to this color for next time (maybe a little less...red.)

 Granted, I've only dyed my hair 3 times. Gold streaks, almost completely blond, and even black through a slight mishap. I mean, the box did say medium brown. Cheap cosmetics can be so decieving. Which brings me to box dyes in general. Ahh, box dyes. So convenient, so inexpensive. An excellent place to find reviews of different hair dyes is here or email me to get my opinion(so you don't end up with black hair after you CLEARLY bought a brown dye!) However, most boxed shades fade like there's no tomorrow. In late december, I used this one right here.
My hair ended up about 5 shades darker than I expected, but that's beside the point. Within a few weeks, my friends were interrogating me relentlessly about why I had dyed my hair lighter again. Sadly, I hadn't touched a box of the stuff since December. Tsk, tsk. It's amazing how quickly people notice even the SLIGHTEST change in your appearance. I thought people were supposed to be more concerned with themselves to even notice the zits, make-up smudges, and hair malfunctions of their peers. Oh well. Of course there are plenty of upsides to this quick-fading characteristic of drugstore-brand hair colors. For example, if you simply want to try out a color but don't want to pay massive amounts of money at a high-end hair salon, head over to your local walmart and you can have that bleach blond hair you've always wanted by dinnertime.
...or not. 

4 comments:

  1. I glad someone else gets bored with their hair color too! Although, I've tried a couple of unnatural shades as well as normal ones.

    Also, I've never been brave enough to try a box dye. I leave that to the professionals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could dye my hair as much as you, Lizze! *Jealous* I can't seem to find any color, besides my natural, that would work with my complextion. :/

    Seems like so fun having the ability to manipulate your hair color so offten. -Just wake up in the morning and decide that you want a new look, then BAM, drug-store hair dye! What a great invention! haha :)

    -Briana B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren Tricomi with the team of the best High-End Hair Salon gives you the best technique which is the High-End Hair Salon that include making little wefts, or tracks of hair which look somewhat like a window ornament, which are either high quality or done by a machine. Carefully assembled ones are commonly viewed as better as they are custom-made to suit your own head, and they last longer than machine-made ones. They are joined to your head utilizing a modest track, or twist, made out of your own hair.Fore More Information https://www.warrentricomi.in/

    ReplyDelete