Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bored?


Bored?
I think many people would I agree with me when I say Springfield Virginia isn’t the most exciting place to be. There’s nowhere to hang out. There’s nothing to do.  We are all over the excitement of self-serve frozen yogurt, so now what?  Maybe our town would be more exciting if there was a beach here, or if Springfield were a big city.  But HELLO! WAKE UP! There are a bajillion things to do here! And there are a bajillion things to do in general! We are teenagers, we are creative, we don’t need to live in a super big city to have fun. 
There are so many things to do and so little time to do them so there is no reason to bored! Here are 10 things to do if you are bored (most of which require little money).


1.       Explore. It’s getting super duper pretty and warm outside now that summer is almost here! Take a walk around your neighborhood or in the woods. Find a hidden spot and make it yours.
2.       Write a letter. Don’t lie, getting a letter in the mail is one of the most exciting things in life. Ever. So make someone’s day. Write your friend a letter. (Or maybe write a relative a letter, I’m sure it would mean the world to your grandma or grandpa if they got a letter from you! J)
3.       Home Alone? All of your friends are busy? Perfect time for a personal dance party! Blast those catchy mainstream pop songs that you know you love and literally dance like nobody is watching.
4.       Cook something! You don’t even need to buy food for this. Work with what you’ve got. Pretend you’re on Chopped and you have to use certain ingredients to create a meal.
5.       Clean your room. Okay so this doesn’t sound very exciting, but cleaning your room can actually be fun sometimes, like when you find that bracelet you lost 3 months ago. You can also take this time to rearrange or redecorate your room. Try moving your bed to the other side of the room; It will change your life.
6.       Color. Go to the dollar tree, buy a coloring book and pack of crayons, turn on some music, and you will have a delightful afternoon.
7.       Go people watching.  Go to a public place like the mall and just watch people walk by! Make up wild stories about them, give them weird names, maybe even talk to someone; Make a new friend. (Well, maybe I shouldn’t advise you to talk to strangers… just stick to watching them!)
8.       Read a book. Read a book that you want to read, not one that you are required to read for English. Enjoy it J
9.       Make a collage. Making a collage is so much fun! Cut up magazines, old pictures, pages of books, and glue them all together or do whatever you want! There are really no boundaries.

10.   Browse through this website for more ideas!

Email me what you do when you're bored!


12 comments:

  1. Great advice! I'll keep these ideas in mind next time I find myself lounging around with nothing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That website is pretty interesting. I find myself dying of boredom a lot of times during the summer. I'll definitely come back to this whenever I want to do something fun without spending money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, Sophia I could hear your voice when I read this... not to seem creepy! I totally agree though, Springfield may be boring but there is SOOOOOO much to do! The website will help when boredom overwhelms me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of these things sound like so much fun. I'll have to remember to go back and look at this or that website when I'm moping around the house with nothing to do, because I know I can never remember any of the things I could be doing when I'm bored. I really like the letter idea, I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah we need to do these things together this summer!!! I'll definitely be sending you hand-written letters! Thanks for the great list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all such great advice! The other day I was trying to think of what to do with some of my friends and I went blank. Luckily I came up with the idea of wandering around Burke Lake which ended up being tons of fun! I always have the personal dance parties as well! Great Advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOPHAPILLA
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also don't you dare talk about frozen yogurt like that, you monster.

      Delete
    2. Also also, another fun thing to do when you're bored is to find a magnifying glass, go outside, and use the focused scorching power of the Sun to kill ants. The smell is pleasantly reminiscent of car exhaust, they pop like popcorn if you've focused the beam properly, and you get the simple joy of taking the life of one of God's creatures, all in one! :)

      Delete
  8. Those definitely sound like some great ideas. Usually, when I'm bored I just kind of space out until I can think of something to do. This list ought to cure me of that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything sounds like so much fun. Soon...summer is so close, but there's all these tests in the way. This summer I'm visiting my sister in Waldorf, MD, and maybe we'll be able to do some of the things on the list (coloring, reading). Honestly, all we ever do when I'm there is play video games or Yu-gi-oh. Let's do something different this summer, everyone!!! *\(^___^)/*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of these ideas sound really fun! I especially like the letter one and the pictures you included are very empowering! I'll definitely keep these ideas in mind now that the endless boredom of summer is approaching.

    ReplyDelete