Thursday, May 10, 2012

For the LOVE of GLEE

Glee! Glee! Glee! The four letter word has been ringing through my head this past four days, and to imagine I had no idea what I wanted to write about for my blog project. It’s actually fascinating how the brain works sometimes. So why am I am posting about Glee? Let me clarify everything right now, I am not an overly obsessed fan who might sketch the faces of the cast members of that show and declare an overwhelming love for Finn nor am I a bitter critic who hates the sure talent of show choir and rants about it over and over. I just want to express my appreciation for music and how Glee really does a great job presenting a choral remix of popular songs. I just want to thank the producers of that show because I honestly I think GLEE is like a never ending musical on TV, and you know what WHO DOESN’T like a good musical?! The episode that I seem to be so hung over lately is the episode where the students were singing many of Whitney Houston top hits. Some of my favorite numbers
 they performed in that episode (basically all of them) were How Will I Know, Saving All My Love For You, It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay, So Emotional, and …okay let me be honest here, all the songs were AMAZING. I mean I think the episode was just perfect. I think one of the best part was the It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay video and how the students reenacted the actually music video to the original song. I could go on and on about how great the episode was, but what I am truly trying to say is that for some reason Glee honestly makes a viewer have a great time.
The songs they sing whether its new or old, or slow or upbeat, it sparks memories and you catch yourself reminiscing on moments in you life when you vividly remember hearing that specific song. The voices of the singers are so distinctly different but it is just astonishing how well they blend and enhance one another to present such a harmonious sound. Simply beautiful *tear*. It is so sad to say, but sometimes they perform better versions than the oringal songs (however NO ONE will ever be able to sing I Will Always Love You better than Whitney herself, RIP Whitney). Sometimes it seems like you hear a song and you get chills and goosebumps from the voice of the singer or the overall performance, and honestly that’s how I feel when I heared the songs from that episode. Well thats all I need to say, this post wasn’t intended to sound like a review; however, I do hope you get the chance to really check out the episode and hear the songs for yourself because I’m sure you will enjoy them just as I did.
Anywhoooo! EMAIL ME sometime and I would love to chat more about Glee or other great songs and shows!

Blogger : Lehna Asongwe

4 comments:

  1. I agree that Glee has some really talented actors, but it's unfortunate how bad the writing is. -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO good during the 1st season (example: Kurt teaching the football team the "Single Ladies" dance), but I think it's gotten less special since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this SO entertaining! Thank you for making me laugh!!
    -Brit

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1st season was epic: football teams SHOULD all learn the 'Single Ladies' dance. They should.

    I like it a lot less now, which is saying a lot for a musical-theatre nerd like myself.

    ReplyDelete