Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's All Fun and Games...Until Your Roommate is a Psycho (Sara Carter)


Name: Sara Carter
Hometown: Springfield, VA
High School: West Springfield
Intended Major: Undecided at the moment, but maybe education or sociology?
Going to Pledge: Seriously considering it
Favorite Music: I’m a fan of everything except classical and I like some country, but I don’t go looking for new songs if you know what I mean. I also might have been black in another life because I love listening to rap haha
Favorite Food: CHIPOTLE, pizza, burgers, Chinese, force myself to stay away from McDonald’s but those fries are to die for!
How Important are Your Grades: VERY IMPORTANT
Study Habits: I have an issue with procrastination, but hopefully I can fix that in college. Also, I should probably study more than I do, but my grades are always good regardless
Night Owl/Early Bird: On the weekdays, I’m usually not up past 12, but on the weekends it just depends on what I’m doing
Personality: Extremely outgoing, I’m not afraid to talk to complete strangers and I love going out with friends!!
Anything Else: I’m really excited about going to VT and cheering on the football team! I want a roommate who will work out with me, study, and go out so message me if you’re interested! :)

First off, whoever came up with the idea of filling out a survey in order to find a roommate is a genius, but I hate them. It’s awkward! Even though I’m the outgoing type, it’s sort of like online dating and I hadn’t planned on dipping my feet in that pool anytime soon. You fill out the survey and anxiously await a response from some unknown person, or you don’t get any at all. I had this redheaded horse back rider message me and say we had a lot in common...? Um, no we don’t. I think horses are pretty and all, but I’m not about to hop on the back of one with you and go galloping through a field. Plus, all our answers on the survey were completely different, but I wish you luck in finding a fellow horse back rider! I have yet to find a roommate and as the deadline of June 1 speedily approaches, my fear of having to room with a random girl begins to seem like a reality.
The only issue I have with getting assigned to room with a random person is that they could be crazy. What happens if my roommate becomes one of those people that they make movies about?! I really do not want to get killed as a freshman in college just because my roommate was obsessed with me. So, if you don’t hear back from me by next summer, it is up to you to know that I was killed by my roommate.
Wish me luck! :)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I understand the stress of having to deal with this. My college's survey is very short and offer limited information about people (only music preferences, if you are neat or messy, and how late you stay up). I kind of had to just pick a room I liked and hope for the best! My roommate seem really nice though. But more importantly, she seems NORMAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so stressful! Though I won't be dorming when I leave for college, I can just imagine how my other friends are going to feel when they go through with this. I did hear that if you're unhappy with your roommate, you can always complain to the people in charge of the dorms so that they can possibly put you with a different person. I wish you the best of luck in college!
    ~Stine Burke

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it's all fun and games until Leighton Meester shows up wearing your dead sister's necklace and has your cat locked in the washing machine. Finding roommates is awful and such a commitment. :(

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it can be stressful, but my college had no requesting roommates system, and most of my friends ended up becoming close friends with their freshman roommates. And the ones that didn't get along great had... well... great stories for the rest of their lives. I lived in a dorm that only had singles, so I didn't experience the random roommate experience until sophomore year.

    ReplyDelete