Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Life of a Rabbit


 

 

The life of a Rabbit

             As the first entry to my blog I will introduce myself. My name is Cheerio and I live on the second floor of my human’s house. This is the story of my life as told by me, a Holland Lop. My life began simply in the bunny barn of Blue Sapphire Lops. Now one does not usually except a rabbit to tell his life story but here goes. Three months after I was born I embarked on a journey that completely changed my life. I was loaded into a cage and put into a moving room that felt very bumpy. A few hours later my cage was brought to a new barn, except this time I overheard we were at a rabbit show. Some of my siblings were taken out of their cages to be groomed then judged. I was not taken out of my cage but my human gave me treats, which is just as good so I was fine with it. Suddenly I was picked out of my cage and handed off to a new human. She was not as tall as my old human but she seemed happy. I was confused, yet after a moment it all made sense. I was going to my forever home. They were my permanent humans! My own humans. The humans that were going to pet me, play with me, buy me toys, and feed me as many treats as I wanted! I had heard around the barn that some bunnies were getting permanent humans, but I never thought it was going to be me. I loved my new humans and was so excited to live in my forever home. After a couple of hours in the moving room, we were there. My life had officially begun, yet I didn’t even know the best part until I saw her come clomping down the stairs. Her name was Mindy, and she was huge. My humans called her a dog. She put her giant nose against my cage and took a sniff of me. After introducing ourselves the humans gave us both treats. Mindy was told she had to sit before getting hers, but I’m always sitting so I got mine first. We weren’t allowed to play together at first because our humans were scared Mindy was going to get too excited and step on me, but I knew once we could play together we were going to be great friends. She even had floppy ears like me! Overall my first day with my permanent humans could not have gone any better. Now a lot of time has passed since that day, a year and a half to be exact. I have met tons of other humans since then, yet my permanent humans are still my favorite humans. Things have changed around the house as well as I met my other friend, her name is Cosette, and she is another dog. I was also introduced to a part of the outside world blocked off by wood. This part of the outside is my favorite part of the house, not only because I can run free but because this is where I get to play with Mindy.
 (My gorilla and I watching TV with my humans)

(Mindy loving the bed she got for Christmas)
 
If you have any questions please email my human.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this post! The fact it was from your bunnies POV was adorable (it doesn't hurt that he is adorable as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute post(: Adorable pets too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first heard voices coming from my own pets, I thought I was crazy. This post has reassured my worries; animals can officially talk ;) (and type, apparently!).
    Thanks for brightening up my day with your great story, Cheerio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have quite an impressive verbiage, Cheerio. You and your counterpart are too cute, thanks for installing a rendition of your story, and I hope to read more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Great use of the bunny's POV!

    -Ms. G

    ReplyDelete