Thursday, March 5, 2015

Why Gaming Is Important

            Imagine diving into a vast world of incredible and mysterious scenery with extraordinary and exotic creatures. This is what I do on a daily basis. Gaming has always been a big part of my life; I loved to game when I was even 7 years old and it has just carried on through the rest of my adolescence; it has actually taught me a few things here and there, and has helped me through a lot of things. A lot of people think gaming is just a simple pastime for entertainment, but it's much more than just that. Games have a variety of genres like books such as puzzles, trivia, sports, racing, role playing, and action or adventure. Obviously with that many categories, someone won’t be good at all of them. People have unique learning styles and the way they think things through or craft ideas, so most people will only be good or have a liking for one or a few types of games similar how to people will not be amazing at every subject at school.





Personally for me, gaming has helped me in a multitude of different aspects of life. Whenever times are tough, playing video games helps soothe my mind by making me focus on the game and having fun instead of worrying about my problems. The experiences gaming can provide you are just breathtaking. There are many different scenarios in gaming that require different plans, skills, and ideas to get to the objective. My favorite types of games are those that have a jaw-dropping adventurous storyline that requires teamwork, skill, and strategy such as League of Legends & Destiny. I would go more in depth about these games, but I’ll save that for another time or you can go out and play these games to find out more about them yourself! Anyways, as a result, from playing these game I’ve learned to compromise, listen and be open to other’s ideas, and how to lead people. Often times, I have to assume a role of leader to take charge for those in my team to be able to get the objective done. It has given me the confidence and experience of becoming a leader. With all of that going on, gaming can give you new perspectives on things as you view strange and exciting lands that the creators of the game worked hard to conjure and develop. Gaming really provides you a unique experience that the harsh reality of our Earth can’t and it has definitely made me level up as a person. 


Contact me at jpavia24@gmail.com if you would like to talk about anything!

3 comments:

  1. I've actually never played video games, since they were never allowed in my house. It's interesting to see that some people benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't play many video games, but when I do I really enjoy them. It's quite interesting, to see the correlation of 'Video Games' and 'strategy." I see how video games are a positive factor in peoples lives for they really challenge individuals and are not just a product of teenagers staring and screaming at a screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing offers a similar means of escape for me, and it's really cool to see how other people "escape"

    ReplyDelete